Powered by IBForums
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Search | Member List | Help

REDFISH SAVE THE DAY, Wind blowing and Rain all around
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
capthook
Posted: Sep 18 2006, 09:38 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

After looking at the weather report last night I called my client and told him that the forcast was for 80% chance of rain and 15 to 20 mph winds. He told me that he was bringing his accountant and that today was the only day he could go as he was leaving to head back home tomorrow. Bob and Chuck along with a few of his friends met me at Campo's and after filling the well with Michael Campo's live shrimp we headed for the outer edge of the marsh. It was windy and getting more windy as the skys in the distance were filled with rain showers. We started off looking for clean water and trout but both were in short supply so we headed for some ponds not too far away and it was a good choice. The guys got on a good redfish bite as they casted live shrimp 1 ft. under a cork close to the grass line. The reds were running 5 to 8 lbs. and faught really hard, making long runs and breaking the water. After they caught 16 reds, 4 sheepshead, 7 trout and a lost mackerel they wanted to head for the dock as a big rainstorm was heading right at us. We took off and managed to avoid the rain for a while but it got us about 5 miles from the dock. It was a wet ending to a good morning of catching and the redfish made our day and everyone was glad they made the trip. ANOTHER GREAT DAY ON THE WATER.

EQUIPMENT: 24 FT. BLAZER BAY, 250 YAM. 4-STROKE. CHALLENGER MARSH MASTER RODS, RED DOT 4000 REELS AND H & H TACKLE.

CAPT. HOOK

985 847 0672 H
504 512 2602 CEL

0 replies since Sep 18 2006, 09:38 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

Back to Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi Gulf Coast

[ Script Execution time: 0.0632 ]   [ 9 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]