Powered by IBForums
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Search | Member List | Help

Mississippi River - Clements Fishing Barge
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Mark Clements
Posted: Aug 16 2004, 03:46 PM

Unregistered

Mississippi River - Clements Fishing Barge

Tons of bluegills still being caught around the area. Many catfish and a few sauger and walleye off the wingdams coming in. The weather has been cooperating very nicely lately with the heat staying away. It has been pretty busy at Captain Hook's with many fisherman venturing out on the river. Be sure to call us for up to date reports. Don't forget we will be open on the barge again on August 27th and the lunch room will open a week later.
We haven't heard much from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service concerning fishing at the floats in the future and are concerned that no meeting have as of yet been planned. We are also very concerned that our local representative Congressman Ron Kind has been fairly absent in regards to helping us retain not only our businesses but the hundreds of businesses that we in turn bring business to. We have contacted his office and thought they were supportive of the many small businesses in the area, but as of yet no word or support. It must truly be a "big business" world. If you don't lay out the money, no support. If you get a chance please contact the two addresses that I have now left on the site. They are the two most important to get a hold of. We will continue to keep you abreast of the situation.

scott
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 08:35 PM

Unregistered

hello
did ron kind ever help u on this as he is in my town sonewhat,i own a business too and he better damn well help us scott goplen

1 replies since Aug 16 2004, 03:46 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

Back to Fishing Reports Mid Atlantic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0555 ]   [ 10 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]