Powered by IBForums
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Search | Member List | Help

Mississippi River - Genoa Wisconsin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Mark Clements
Posted: Sep 10 2003, 07:02 PM

Unregistered

Mississippi River - Genoa Wisconsin

Fishing was pretty good this week, a little slow for the walleye run, but sauger started to move in. Some big catfish were caught, I fished yesterday and today for some big catfish and landed 7 but lost 10(worked on my technique some and it shouldn't happen again!). The biggest one was 15 pounds and the smallest was 4 pounds. A lot of fun though. A few white bass being caught, but a lot of them are up near the dam right now. Bluegills are around pretty thick with several people getting their limits of them. Northern are bothering the walleye fishermen by cutting them off, but a few have been caught as well.

Hey, Tom at Tuna's Bar in Genoa is going to start holding a fishing contest every Saturday for walleye and bass. It costs $10 to get in and depending on how many enter , the pay out will be for three places for each category. Looks like it will be a lot of fun. If you are on the barge he will come down at the 2:00 boat run and get your fish for you or just make your way up to his place for the 2:30 weigh in. I really think this will be a lot of fun and we are in discussions about forming our own walleye club for this area. Oh, you need to get your $10 into Tom by 7:00 pm on Friday. If you have any questions call him at 608-689-9601. Tell him you saw the information on our web site!

Mark

0 replies since Sep 10 2003, 07:02 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

Back to Fishing Reports Mid Atlantic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0516 ]   [ 9 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]