Powered by IBForums
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Search | Member List | Help

Windy Weather on Lake Erie, Lake Erie Report
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
captainbarry
Posted: May 12 2003, 01:57 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

May 12, 2003  The Smallmouth Bass fishing was beginning to improve with water temperature rising to 48-49 degrees. But with the 40+ mph winds and thunder storms churning up the lake the last couple days (being predicted for another day or so) as well as the 15-20 degree air temperature drop, the fishing will slow down unfortunately. Hopefully, if the water temperature doesn't take a nose dive, it will pick back and continue to improve by this weekend's 3rd annual MAKE-A-WISH Lake Erie Smallmouth Tournament (the biggest Bass Tournament in WNY) at the Buffalo Smallboat Harbor. For late entry info contact:  Don Staszczk 1-716-893-0607 or George Ehrenburg 1-716-652-4307. The fishing was starting to improve, basically all the way down the shore from the Breakwalls to Sturgeon Point in 20-30' on just about every piece of structure; Smokes Creek, Ford Plant, Hamburg, Snug Harbor, Myers Reef and Eighteen Mile Creek. My charter on Saturday had about 45-50 Smallies (Biggest was a 5.6# Slob!), most of which came on shiners, although a few came on Tubes (melon pepper) and Kalens grubs (avocado). Most of the other guys did as well as I did or better, but were using only artificials and were tight lipped about what they were using with the upcoming tournament. I have a few weekend openings left for these Monster Smallmouths; May 25th, May 30th, June 1, 14 & 15th. If you would like to catch one these Beauties give me a call at 716-433-5848 or email me at: [email protected]

0 replies since May 12 2003, 01:57 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

Back to Lake Erie, Lake Ontario and Niagra River

[ Script Execution time: 0.0726 ]   [ 9 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]